Area name Jarvis Creek Park
Area Location It is on Jarvis Park Road. North Island. Coming onto the island, turn right on Jarvis Park Street, the first stoplight past the intersection of Business 278 with the Cross Island Toll Road (Gumtree Road).
Hours of Operation: open daylight hours.
Admission: There are no fees at this Town of Hilton Head Island park.
- Paved trail connects to the island’s bicycle trails.
- Fishing dock.
- Picnic facilities and playground.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Jarvis Creek Park is a 53-acre park in an area of thick pine forest with an 11-acre lake.
- The lake attracts water birds during winter months and is home to resident waders. Lake edges attract passerines, both resident and migrant.
- A boardwalk and paved trail around the lake connects to the island’s bike trails.
Pied-billed Grebe, Anhinga, Great Blue Heron, Great Egret, Snowy Egret, Little Blue Heron (possible but uncommon), Tricolored Heron (possible but uncommon), White Ibis, Wood Stork (possible but uncommon), Ring-billed Gull, Belted Kingfisher, White-eyed Vireo, Brown-headed Nuthatch, Eastern Towhee, Carolina Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse.
Double-crested Cormorant, Bonaparte’s Gull, Hooded Merganser, Ring-necked Duck, Blue-winged Teal, Wilson’s Snipe, Ruby-crowned Kinglet.